Sunday, May 11, 2008

Camping!

Clara and I have been camping... twice! I am hoping to drag Eric along, I think he will enjoy it. For now, he stays home with Amelia, and I can't complain too much.

Camping trip #1, April 18-20

We tagged along with my friend, Sarah, and her family. We went to Three Island Crossing at Glenn's Ferry, close to twin Falls, Idaho. We slept in their camp trailer. Clara had her 1st camp fire, she was a RIOT! We went swimming in a warm springs pool and went on a treasure hunt. Of course, Clara loved every second of it. The Snake river is beautiful and I would love to go there again.

Camping trip #2, May 9-11

This time we rented our own little cabin. Eric still refused to go, so Clara and I had the place to ourselves. We went with 2 other families (Sarah's and Jen's) who had camp trailers. The place we visited this time was Bruneau Dunes, south of Mountain Home, Idaho. It was pretty cool , there were huge sand dunes. The kids played in the sand and the adults relaxed.

The weather is getting warmer, so I am not sure how many more camping trips are on order for this summer, but we will go again this fall. Who knows, maybe Eric will join us, maybe not.

No comments: